Sunday, July 09, 2006

What A Day It Was!

Wow, was yesterday ever a blast. We had a huge class going, and not just any class. It was Jennifer Wagner's Family A to Z class. You know when the teacher starts out saying "Are you ready to get messy?", you're in for a lot of fun.













And fun it was! It was very creative, loud, and MESSY! If you're signed up for this class here are some pointers, no fancy clothes, an apron might be a good idea, no recent manicures, and alot of stamina. Everyone was so pleased with all of the techniques they learned. In fact, there were so many techniques taught that the class ran overtime and a few people will be back during the week to finish up.

We also had the pleasure of having Carol Wingert and Tena Sprenger here for the signing of their new book Artful Memories. If you haven't seen this book yet come by and check it out. It is fabulous. We still have a few copies left that they signed for us cuz you won't want to leave without it once you see it.

Here we are with Ellen (employee extraordinaire), Tena, Jennifer, me, and Carol. Tena and Carol stayed busy signing books and spending time chatting with our customers. They even got to meet Jolene whom they have corresponded with through their blogs. It was like seeing old friends meet up again.

So it was a very special day for us. Lots of creative buzz in the store. How could that not happen with so many talented people under one roof? I gotta tell you, it makes me wish I had time to even think about being creative. Some how balancing the checkbook and placing orders doesn't fall under the "creative" category for me. I'm going to make it a point to start taking every darn class taught in this store and force myself to get the creative juices flowing again. And I better do it quick because my brothers 50th birthday is coming up and I really want to get a book made for him. Do you think he'll appreciate being reminded that he's 50? Do I care? Heck no! I can't wait to fill a book with every dorky picture I can find of him growing up! Isn't that what little sisters are for?

And the fun goes on....tomorrow evening Judy will be here demonstrating how to create Artist Trading Cards. Stop by and join in. Judy will also be hosting a swap each month in our store. If these cards have been a mystery to you, Judy will answer all of your questions and get you started. She is also bringing her collection of ATC's for you to check out. You'll see how quickly you can start your own collection and how much fun it is to see other artists ideas.

So, how was that for a busy weekend? Whew, I'm tired!

Til next time

1 comment:

Jolene George said...

Gosh did I love your store! It's so charming and beautiful. You did a wonderful job creating a warm and inviting place. Thanks for being so nice to me. It really was a great day. I will be back often.
Good luck on your brothers book. He will appreciate it...even all the dorky pictures and stories.