Sunday, February 26, 2006

Hi everyone!

I haven't blogged in a while. Can't seem to find the time, or rather make the time to sit down and get it done. In addition to being at the store 7 days a week I decided I needed more to do so DH and I have gone back to college! O.K. so it's only one evening class but there's still homework! Are we insane?

We're starting to get our shipments of new product from CHA. Some of the 7 Gypsies is here. Lots of fun 97% Complete Stickers and 97% Complete Tags. We ordered their new packs of 6 x 6 paper collections and only received a few of them. There are more on the way but the ones that we have are flying out of here. The new Design Originals Tim Holtz line of 9 x 9 paper is here as well as new Design Original How To books. We'll keep you posted as new product comes in.

We have to congratulate our teacher Judy Bidwell. She has been published in the current issue of Take Ten. You'll find her work on pages 12 and 15. She has submitted her work to several publications so I'm sure we'll see her published alot more. She's taking the month of March off so we'll have her back in April teaching something amazing. She is the queen of everything altered!











Our 7 Gypsies contest is over and we certainly had some beautiful entries. In fact one was so beautiful that someone decided they couldn't live without it and helped themselves to it. Thankfully we have pictures of it! They were judged in categories and here are the winners!

Best Altered Art Project by (of course) Judy Bidwell. You may see this piece published soon. This book is amazing!










Best 12 x 12 Layout was created by Violet (sorry I forgot your last name). This is the most beautiful Heritage page I have ever seen.
She created this page as a tribute to her Grandmother whom she never knew but based it on what she had learned about her from her mother. I am still in awe of this beautiful piece of art!








The third category was Whimsy and this piece by Patricia Shawe was the winner hands down! How cute is this!!












Please forgive my photography skills. My pictures just don't do these winners justice. I think a photography class will be next on my list of things to do!

And in tribute to the piece that was heisted out of the store here is a picture. It was taken before the judging and wasn't included in the judging but, I'm sure if the judges would have been able to see it in person it would have done well.

















There are just 2 spots left in Jenny's "Bursting At The Seams" class. If you haven't seen the example go to the web site and check it out. It's all 7 Gypsies and oh so cute.

Also, look at the class samples for Patricia's class on March 18th. These books are adorable and doesn't everyone have a dog or cat that is worthy of their own brag book! There are only 4 spots left in this class, so sign up as soon as you can.

Well, that's all for now. I need to get started on my homework! YUKKKKK

TNT

Kim

No comments: